I hate that the highlights doesn’t have “Lovely Ladies” and”Do You Hear The People Sing?”
- My biggest pet peeve is when you’re talking about a film and someone has to interject about how the film or something in the film wasn’t “realistic.”
IT’S A MOVIE!
-Just an over-thinking aspiring filmmaker
In celebration of Christmas and the wonderful scenes we have with the Harry Potter series, on December 23rd I will be starting a new series on my blog: Scene of the Week. Help choose the first scene of the week by replying to this post:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Harry spends his first Christmas away from the Dursleys at Hogwarts with Ron. Together they play Wizard’s chess, and on Christmas morning, Harry receives the Invisibility Cloak. watch the clip
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Harry, Ron and Hermione continue their quest to see if Draco Malfoy is the heir of Slytherin. Together they brew Polyjuice Potion. When Ron and Harry turn into Crabb and Goyle, Hermione is transformed into a cat. watch the clip
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Harry learns that dangerous escaped prisoner Sirius Black is his godfather. Only a very few students stay behind to spend Christmas at Hogwarts, including Professor Trelawney, Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Harry Ron, Hermione. (book)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The trio attend The Yule Ball, where all is not a pleasant night. watch the clip
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Harry spends Christmas with the Weasleys, after Arthur escapes from a deadly attack by Nagini. watch the clip
- Harry Potter and Half Blood Prince. At Slughorn’s Christmas Party, only a selected few favorite students attend, including Harry and Hermione. On this night, Harry overhears what he suspects is Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape conspiring for Lord Voldemort. watch clip
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Harry and Hermione are on their own hunting for horcruxes. Visiting Harry’s old home at Godric’s Hollow, they visit his parent’s graves on Christmas eve. watch the clip
Which Christmas scene is your favorite from Harry Potter?
I think it’s a little in Cal’s favor to be a little pissed off about his fiance spending time with another man. I mean, I am as feminist as the next person, but the love story reminded me of an Harlequin romance where they drop a 21st century woman in an historical romance to exploit how “anti-woman” everything was before we could vote.
But there is still something about the movie I like…What is it?! I don’t know! XD
I could be in the minority that will get hate mail for this post. XD